Education & Training
- Ph.D. Slavic Languages and Literatures, University of Pittsburgh, 2019
- M.A. Russian Languages and Literatures, Yonsei University, Russia, 2008
- B.A. Russian Languages and Literatures, Yonsei University, Russia, 2005
- Sci-Fi: East and West
- Masterpieces 20th Century Russian Literature (Intensive Writing Course)
- Forbidden Love on Page and Screen
- Madness and Madmen in Russian Culture
- Russian Fairy Tales
2015 “Geo-Cultural Mapping of the Imperial Gift and its Post-Soviet Identity.” Studies in Slavic Cultures 12 (2015): 6-54.
- Imaginative geography, city and museum studies
- Monuments and memory
- Petersburg text
- Petersburg/Leningrad films, Aleksei Balabanov
Representative Conference Presentations
- "(Un)making Monuments and Places of Memory." ASEEES Conference, San Fransisco, 2019.
- "Making the Historic City Global and Postmodern." CSA Conference, New Orleans, 2019.
- "Claiming the Wall." AATSEEEL Conference, San Fransisco, 2017.
- "Periphery or Center? Museumified St. Petersburg in Contemporary Films." ASEEES Conference, San Antonio, 2014.
- "A Moment of Gaze: Utopian Temporality in Stalinist Architecture." ASEEES Conference, Boston, 2013.
- "Collection and Recollection for a Void in Dead Souls.' AATSEEL Annual Conference. Boston. 5 January 2013