Education & Training
- PhD, University of Pittsburgh, 2017
- MA, Russian, East European, & Eurasian Studies, University of Michigan, 2011
- Dual BA, Russian Studies (Russian language), Slavic and East European Studies, West Virginia University, 2009
- First-year Russian
- Vampire: Blood and Empire
- Sci-Fi: East/West
- Man and Superman: Superior Individual in Literature and Philosophy
- Masterpieces of 20th Century Russian Literature
Review of Mark Lipovetsky, Charms of the Cynical Reason: Tricksters in Soviet and Post- Soviet Culture. Slavic and East European Journal Vol. 56, No. 2 (Summer 2012).
Entry for Konstantin Ershov, Georgii Kropachiov, dir. Vii, 1967. Directory of World Cinema: Russia 2. Ed. Birgit Beumers, Bristol: Intellect, 2013, 159-160.
Entry for Aleksandr Strizhenkov, dir. Liubov'-Morkov' (trilogy), 2007-2011. Directory of World Cinema: Russia 2. Ed. Birgit Beumers, 202-204.
- Russian popular culture
- Soviet comedy film
- Celebrity and stardom
- Contemporary Russian cinema
- Russian culture in America
Representative Conference Presentations
“Russian Television and Sex and the City On Screen.” Television in Europe Beyond the Iron Curtain. Friedrich-Alexander-Universitet, Erlangen, Germany. December 2013.
“Thaw Cinema and the Typecast Star: Aleksandr Dem'ianenko as Shurik.” ASEEES, Boston, MA. November 2013.
“Representations of Blood in The Vampire Diaries.” Blood Conference, Department of French and Italian, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA. October 2012.
“Shattering Sexual Convention and Rules of Romance in Ugrešić’s Novels: “Bad Girl” Meets Bichette.” Midwest Slavic Conference, Columbus, OH. April 2012.
Employment Since Graduation
Dissertation Title and Year
The Celebrification of Soviet Culture: State Heroes after Stalin, 2017